Qatar Airways bought a 10% stake in the parent company of British Airways.
The move cemented a close commercial relationship between BA and the airline, whose owner, the Qatari government, is a significant investor in Britain.
The state’s investment fund owns Harrods, the Shard skyscraper in central London and stakes in Sainsbury’s, Barclays bank and Heathrow. The airline’s chief executive officer, Akbar Al Baker, already sits on the board of Heathrow where Qatar owns a 20% stake.
“Qatar Airways’ treatment of its workforce is cause for serious concern, and is currently subject to a formal complaint to the UN’s international labour organisation.
Qatar Airways owns 11 Conduit Street, the 5 story building in upper-class, posh Mayfair and has now reached new heights, by gaining an IPO to evict the Love Activists London from this property that has stood empty for all of 4 years, we continue to resist any eviction, and may picket their other business.
What the Qataris own in Britain who are evicting the Love Activists London from 11 Conduit Street W1
• HSBC Tower, the bank’s global headquarters in Canary Wharf
• The Shard on the south bank of the Thames (95%)
• Harrods, bought in 2010 for a reported £1.5bn
• The Olympic Village in east London
• Numbers 1-3 Cornwall Terrace, Regent’s Park – denied planning permission to be turned into a £200m single home
• A 50% stake in the Shell Centre on London’s South Bank
• Half of One Hyde Park, the world’s most expensive apartment block
• The former US embassy building in Grosvenor Square
• The site of Chelsea Barracks in west London, being turned into a luxury housing estate
• 20% slice of Camden market
• Stakes in Barclays, Sainsbury’s, the London Stock Exchange and Heathrow
• And coming soon: Canary Wharf, after the controlling group capitulated and recommended a £2.6bn bid to shareholders
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- ► 2010 (227)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- Challenge all the Mainstream Players after the Lon...
- The True Benchmark of a Civilised Society
- Another day one eviction delayed and one eviction ...
- Holding on to 11 Conduit Street in rich Mayfair
- What the Qataris own in Britain who are evicting t...
- A Lamb For The Slaughter And Grandmothers Are Incl...
- ▼ February 2015 (6)