One in four London children are living in overcrowded homes, new figures have revealed in a new survey.
English Housing shows 391,000 children (24 per cent) in London are overcrowded – an 18 per cent rise since 2008.
Here is a very powerful film from Shelter of London children talking about the devastating impact overcrowding is having on their education. They're calling on the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, to do more to help.
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- ► 2010 (227)
- Lethal Weapon Thatcher's Handbag Sold For £25,000
- They are all in it together!"
- The nemesis of much miserableness today
- Where the living is easy?"
- 'Spaceship Planet Earth'
- The triangle of hunger
- Hundreds spend the night in Cairo's Tahrir Square
- Them dry old economics
- Transparent fraud
- Andy Hayman?"
- Remember Wapping for its persistent and unrelentin...
- A Question for Mr Johnson | Shelter
- Tainted love and the rats that jump the Murdoch Sh...
- The Keyboard is mightier than the Pen
- Something Rotten in the Yard
- All three political parties remain deeply and irre...
- The Market (what a dirty word)
- Amy Winehouse - Love Is A Losing Game
- The Big Issue Joins Cameron's Big Society
- Sick-note Britain
- Russell Brand Tribute to Amy Winehouse and my own
- "standard of Living" is a misnomer - it is really ...
- PCS statement to members on public sector pensions...
- Who needs them Leaders?"
- ▼ July 2011 (24)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)