Friday, 4 June 2010
Without delay or hesitation end the blockade of Gaza Now!
Turkish forensic experts have confirmed that the nine activists killed during the Israeli raid on the Gaza aid flotilla were shot with guns.
Eight were Turks and one a US national of Turkish origin, the Anatolia news agency reported on Thursday as funerals got under way in Istanbul.
Let’s be under no illusions, this is murder, and the state of Israel and in particular its leaders are the murderers!
Israel has remained defiant about the raid and says it is ready to intercept another aid ship, the Rachel Corrie, those organisers of the Freedom Flotilla say is due to head for the Gaza Strip.
The MV Rachel Corrie is carrying 11 activists, including Mairead Corrigan, a Nobel Peace laureate, and eight crew members, just days after Israeli soldiers killed in cold blood nine activists.
The Rachel Corrie is funded by Perdana Global Peace Organisation, a Malaysian non-governmental organisation headed by Mahathir Mohamad, the country's former prime minister.
The vessel hoped to arrive in Gaza on Saturday with a cargo of humanitarian aid.
Despite fears of an Israeli attack, the peace activists are determined to try and break through the blockade and deliver much needed aid to the people of Gaza.
The ship is named after an American woman who was killed by an Israeli military bulldozer in the Gaza Strip in 2003, while trying to protest a house demolition.
As in my previous post; I urge all who read this blog to attend tomorrows London demonstration and lets all step-up to the line and demand that the blockade ends immediately, at once and without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening!
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- This oil spill isn't just an ecological disaster -...
- Take to the streets this coming weekend and do thr...
- Without delay or hesitation end the blockade of Ga...
- Action we need!
- Viva Palestina - We shall Overcome!
- Their bootmarks are all over the place!
- What did John McDonnell say that was wrong – absol...
- We say reject "Labour", Tories and the Liberals?
- Leadership extravaganza?
- Off-Side at the World Cup
- We’re all in it together!
- The 'key' to success in Afganistan - $1 trillion i...
- London Crime Capital of World Finance and Unemploy...
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 1)
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 2)
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 3)
- A full English breakfast the Budget and when Labou...
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 4)
- The Anniversary Waltz in triple time with a strong...
- ▼ June 2010 (20)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)