Wednesday, 2 June 2010
Take to the streets this coming weekend and do three things...
Israel’s massacre of supporters of an aid convoy to Gaza has provoked angry protests internationally after IDF Commandos stormed the flotilla of ships carrying activists and essential aid to Gaza, abseiling onto the decks from helicopters and murdering tender-hearted, and peace loving activists who only wanted to help!
Israel claimed that its soldiers were attacked and that guns were fired. “Live fire was used against our forces. They initiated the violence, that’s 100 percent clear,” Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev told the BBC. He did not address the fact that, since the ship was in international waters, the Israeli attack was an act of piracy and those on board had every right to resist, and whether they did or not is of no importance, they travelled in peace bringing help and goodwill, that’s all that matters.
Trying to keep this post short sweet and to the point. I have to say that consequently this is nothing short of an outrage, which should not be tolerated by any decent compassionate human beings anywhere in the world. 37 British nationals who were on the convoy of ships taken over by the Israeli navy and illegally kidnapped and taken to a high-security facility in the desert outside Beer Sheva in the south of Israel; and as I write still no news of their fate, reports from those other nationals detained, but now realest, paint a picture that could mach Hitler’s Gestapo frankly.
"The Israelis roughed up and humiliated all of us, women, men and children," a Kuwaiti MP among them, Walid al-Tabtabai, said as he crossed the Allenby Bridge connecting the West Bank with Jordan; and as reported by the international press on his release.
Two more ships will attempt to bring in aid in the coming week. The MV Rachel Corrie vessel, a 1,200-tonne cargo ship which has five Irish people on board, is off the coast of Italy and could sail on Monday and another smaller ship carrying 30 passengers is expected to sail alongside, therefore it is now important that people around the world take to the streets this coming weekend and do three things: (1) show continued solidarity with the people of Gaza: (2) applaud salute, toast and remember the selfish risks that others will take to help their brothers and sisters not just in Gaza but anywhere in the world: (3) Demand the immediate end to this in-human blockade of Gaza.
I think that this first weekend of flaming June promises some fine weather, and if you are near or are able to make it to London. I urge you to join with those of us that will be demonstrating this Saturday.
Saturday 5 June • Gaza Flotilla March • End the Siege of Gaza: Freedom for Palestine
Assemble Downing Street • London • 1.30pm • March to the Israeli Embassy
Called by Stop the War Coalition, Palestine Solidarity Campaign, British Muslim Initiative, CND & Viva Palestina
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- This oil spill isn't just an ecological disaster -...
- Take to the streets this coming weekend and do thr...
- Without delay or hesitation end the blockade of Ga...
- Action we need!
- Viva Palestina - We shall Overcome!
- Their bootmarks are all over the place!
- What did John McDonnell say that was wrong – absol...
- We say reject "Labour", Tories and the Liberals?
- Leadership extravaganza?
- Off-Side at the World Cup
- We’re all in it together!
- The 'key' to success in Afganistan - $1 trillion i...
- London Crime Capital of World Finance and Unemploy...
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 1)
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 2)
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 3)
- A full English breakfast the Budget and when Labou...
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 4)
- The Anniversary Waltz in triple time with a strong...
- ▼ June 2010 (20)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)