Wednesday, 16 June 2010
London Crime Capital of World Finance and Unemployment Dominates
I was thinking a great deal about this today following the latest revealing disclosure that unemployment in the UK was heading further and ever upwardly, and of course pondering upon the fact that unemployment in London stands at a staggering 9%.
London is the worst hit area with nearly eight JSA claimants for every job vacancy.
Seven of the top ten unemployment blackspots of the UK are in this the Crime Capital of World Finance.
They are Haringey, (9,910 on the dole and 696 vacancies) Lewisham, (9,196 on the dole and 662 vacancies) Waltham Forest, (8,596 on the dole and 692 vacancies) Lambeth, (11,631 on the dole and 3,202 vacancies) Brent, (9,608 on the dole and 834 vacancies) Hammersmith and Fulham (5,154 on the dole and 514 vacancies).
But top of the bill is Hackney which is the hardest place to find a job in the whole country. In Hackney claimants outnumber vacancies by a shocking 24 to1 (9,663 on the dole and 404 vacancies).
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- This oil spill isn't just an ecological disaster -...
- Take to the streets this coming weekend and do thr...
- Without delay or hesitation end the blockade of Ga...
- Action we need!
- Viva Palestina - We shall Overcome!
- Their bootmarks are all over the place!
- What did John McDonnell say that was wrong – absol...
- We say reject "Labour", Tories and the Liberals?
- Leadership extravaganza?
- Off-Side at the World Cup
- We’re all in it together!
- The 'key' to success in Afganistan - $1 trillion i...
- London Crime Capital of World Finance and Unemploy...
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 1)
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 2)
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 3)
- A full English breakfast the Budget and when Labou...
- Return of the Chingford Skinhead (Part 4)
- The Anniversary Waltz in triple time with a strong...
- ▼ June 2010 (20)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)