Tuesday, 11 May 2010
Proud to Be a Liberal Democrat
She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Liberal Democrats and support David Cameron and Nick Clegg. Everyone in class raises their hands except one little girl.
"Mary," says the teacher with surprise, "why didn't you raise your hand?" Because I'm not a Liberal Democrat," says Mary. "Well, what are you?" asks the teacher.
"I'm a ‘Socialist’ and proud of it," replies the little girl.
The teacher cannot believe her ears. "My goodness, Mary, why are you a Socialist?" she asks.
"Well, my mum and dad are Socialists I'm a ‘Socialist, too." "Well," says the teacher in an annoyed tone, "that's no reason for you to be a Liberal Democrat.
You don't always have to be like your parents. What if you’re mum was a criminal and your dad was a criminal, too, what would you be then?" Mary smiled. "Then we'd be Liberal Democrats."
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- "The coming of Armageddon"
- Three Days that Won't Change a Thing!
- Why I will be spoiling my ballot paper and writing...
- The morning after the night before
- Reflections 2 Hang Them High...
- Reflections 3 The Flag Stays Red!
- Proud to Be a Liberal Democrat
- The hard times are here!
- So welcome to my world the police state!
- Reflections 3 and a bit!
- There's one law for the rich and another for the p...
- The dispossessed...
- Reflections 4 - What, they call it democracy?
- ▼ May 2010 (14)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)