Friday, 9 April 2010
So what’s Parliament?
Parliament is a capitalist institution in the first place used by the up-and coming capitalist class (in Britain from the 17th century onwards) to seize political control from the backward-looking landed (gentry) elements left over from feudalism. It was never intended to represent all the people, but only those who owned property. However, over time, as a result of rivalries within the owning class and pressure from the disfranchised property less majority, the right to vote was extended until today universal male and female suffrage is the norm.
Today, in fact, the capitalist class of rich owners of the means of production control the state apparatus – rule – via universal suffrage and parliament. This means they have to get the formal agreement, at election times such as this time. This is not too difficult since most people are soaked with capitalist ideas and see or think of no alternative to the present-day, capitalist society with its class ownership, production for profit, working for wages and rationing by money. Parliament in its present form keep the system tacked together.
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- Mephedrone or Capitalism Killing the Young?
- A flutter on the donkeys
- HUNGRY FOR HOUSING!
- Dole queue to end!
- Christian Peoples Alliance (CPA) of Newham
- General Election 2010 the Comedy
- Child Finger Printing
- Sir Michael Caine actor and half-wit!
- Conservative Central Office Visited This Blog!
- So what’s Parliament?
- Hung Parliament...
- Battleground Newham
- Cigarette Paper of Difference
- Can Abjol Miah and Respect hold Bethnal Green and ...
- The future is still for socialism
- Labour fiddling MPs get legal aid...
- Barking the possible abyss of political hell!
- All for the love of money...
- The three arse-lickers of British Capitalism
- Blind Date or Sale of the Century
- A world for people...
- Is the bling about to fall off Clegg?
- The political elite threat the unemployed as perso...
- Second debate boring....
- That’s why I’m not voting Labour!
- The University of Life...
- The battle being fought out on the street and door...
- A licence to Kill?
- ▼ April 2010 (28)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)