Thursday, 22 April 2010
The political elite threat the unemployed as persons afflicted with leprosy, a pariah who should be avoided by others!
Since 2008, the number of Britons unemployed for at least a year has rocketed from 390,000 to 726,000 - the highest level for 13 years, according to the Office for National Statistics.
The issue of unemployment has largely been ignored during the course of the general election campaign, and yet the curse of joblessness is a plague that has fallen on many houses with untold pain and consequences.
The political elite if anything have increasingly treated those of us who have or are experiencing a period on the dole, as persons afflicted with leprosy, a pariah who should be avoided by others!
This is borne out and carried forward in the disgusting poster, released this week by nasty Cameron and his Tories.
In just three months, an extra 89,000 people - or nearly 1,000 a day - have joined the queues in towns and cities forming up and down the land for work.
Last week during the leaders TV debate Gordon Brown said that his handling of the economy, had meant that we in Britain would not experience the same percentage of unemployment as say the USA or other nations suffering as a result of recession. Well the truth is that Gordon is talking old hat again, and you will not find one of his other opponents pull him up on this, simply because they all support the system that continues the pursuit of profit, that put’s greed before people, as it has always done.
Why do we allow this game of hangman to be played is the genuine question that I would like to ask, why do we put up with the fake and counterfeit politics of the three big players who will adorn our TV screens latter this evening?
The International Monetary Fund has warned that another 100,000 workers could lose their jobs this year and other economists fear that unemployment could rise even further to around three million next year, fuelled by job cuts in the public sector and further bloodshed in the private sector.
The capitalist system is failing like never before and at some point after the general election I predict that we will see the British working class vent their anger on the streets!
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- Mephedrone or Capitalism Killing the Young?
- A flutter on the donkeys
- HUNGRY FOR HOUSING!
- Dole queue to end!
- Christian Peoples Alliance (CPA) of Newham
- General Election 2010 the Comedy
- Child Finger Printing
- Sir Michael Caine actor and half-wit!
- Conservative Central Office Visited This Blog!
- So what’s Parliament?
- Hung Parliament...
- Battleground Newham
- Cigarette Paper of Difference
- Can Abjol Miah and Respect hold Bethnal Green and ...
- The future is still for socialism
- Labour fiddling MPs get legal aid...
- Barking the possible abyss of political hell!
- All for the love of money...
- The three arse-lickers of British Capitalism
- Blind Date or Sale of the Century
- A world for people...
- Is the bling about to fall off Clegg?
- The political elite threat the unemployed as perso...
- Second debate boring....
- That’s why I’m not voting Labour!
- The University of Life...
- The battle being fought out on the street and door...
- A licence to Kill?
- ▼ April 2010 (28)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)