What a weekend I’ve had; yesterday my mum made herself absolutely clear, that she considered all politicians to be crooks and criminals, and she wasn’t going to vote for any of them. The phone I held in my hand was vibrating with anger from this 74 year old, and I would imagine her views are held by many as we run up to the general election.
And also this weekend with careful co-ordination the press was fed details of Gordon Browns appearance on Piers Morgan’s show “Life Stories”. It emerged that Brown had wept when discussing the death of his daughter Jennifer, who died in 2002, a few weeks after her premature birth.
What’s wrong with that you may ask?
There’s nothing wrong with any parent being upset at the death of a little one. And please rest assured, it’s not our intension here to make any judgment on Brown in relation to the death of his daughter. However, we can’t help wondering about what he previously had to say; and seen by many as criticizing David Cameron for drawing on his family and David Cameron’s references to his son Ivan, both before and after the latter’s death in February 2009. For example telling Radio 4:
“I am as open and honest as possible. I don’t parade my family around the place. I came from a pretty ordinary background in Scotland.”
The Piers Morgan interview has opened up Brown to criticism for the deployment and the high public manner in which Brown’s emotions have been displayed.
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- Happy Brithday Dole Office
- Oh Claire...
- CRIMINALS AND THIEVES
- All of you are guilty...
- The Respository of the Undiscovered
- Who says boys don’t cry?
- crocodile tears!
- Stand up to the hard times!
- St.Valentines Day and the poor are still dying on ...
- The World - The Point is to Change It!
- SOLIDARITY WITH YARL'S WOOD HUNGER STRIKERS
- Manning the Barricades!
- Everyday things are getting closer...
- Things can only get better...
- Decommissioning begins of Redcar's Corus steel pla...
- NEW DEPTHS OF DECEIT EVEN IN DEATH!
- A future fair for all
- Crisis Point
- Railroaded and Dragooned
- Worst yet to come...
- “Talking CCTV”
- "L Is For Labour"
- Last steel plant on Teesside mothballed
- Greece and it's debt crisis...
- Worker aganist worker!
- March 25 Polling Day?
- ▼ February 2010 (26)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)