Monday, 22 February 2010
A future fair for all
New Labours new slogan: A future fair for all.
Some slogan is that; and whom I wonder dreamt it up, like a wine taster in the act of sensory examination and evaluation of fine wine, swirl, sniff, sip and savor. I soon spat it out into the spittoon, a pint of mild tastes better, if its not that much cheaper these days under Labour, which reminds me of watching as a boy in the 1960s a news report of Harold Wilson arriving at an election rally held I think in Huddersfield when an egg was hurled at the great man but missed, and I remember the first thing he said from the speakers platform:
“It’s only under a Labour government that they can afford to throw eggs.”
For years ordinary people around me have been telling me that politicians, that’s ‘mainstream’, and the, I really do know what’s good for you and the country politicos, "they are really all the same." Well they were right all the time, if this weekend’s shenanigans are anything to go by, mischievousness’s, reckless and malicious behaviour that causes discomfort or annoyance to others has been on display for all to see.
And how can we forget that this election campaign comes with the backdrop of the worst economic crises since the 1930s with all the hardship that it brings to working people, an unstable situation of extreme danger and difficulty for us all, and they the ruling class are behaving like this!
- ► 2008 (112)
- ► 2009 (208)
- Happy Brithday Dole Office
- Oh Claire...
- CRIMINALS AND THIEVES
- All of you are guilty...
- The Respository of the Undiscovered
- Who says boys don’t cry?
- crocodile tears!
- Stand up to the hard times!
- St.Valentines Day and the poor are still dying on ...
- The World - The Point is to Change It!
- SOLIDARITY WITH YARL'S WOOD HUNGER STRIKERS
- Manning the Barricades!
- Everyday things are getting closer...
- Things can only get better...
- Decommissioning begins of Redcar's Corus steel pla...
- NEW DEPTHS OF DECEIT EVEN IN DEATH!
- A future fair for all
- Crisis Point
- Railroaded and Dragooned
- Worst yet to come...
- “Talking CCTV”
- "L Is For Labour"
- Last steel plant on Teesside mothballed
- Greece and it's debt crisis...
- Worker aganist worker!
- March 25 Polling Day?
- ▼ February 2010 (26)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)