Friday, 25 September 2009
I've had a scanner for about three years; and I bought it when I got my current computer about the same time but have never used it for some reason until today. The above photo was taken in 1984 on almost the very eve of the miners strike. It's an image of a packed meeting on homelessness being addressed at that point by yours truly; at the end with his finger on his lip is John Pilger and next to him is Chris Homes who went on to become the Director of Shelter and the meeting was held in the old town hall used by the legendary Poplar Council. I will in the future give a more fuller account of that meeting and campaign but for the time being here's this old photo!
- ► 2008 (112)
- food parcels
- ‘Try to remember the kind of September'
- A Real Labour Man
- ‘People’s War against Fascism’
- Ilya Grigoryevich Ehrenburg and 'The Peoples War a...
- City leader sacked over China protests and unrest ...
- Mass unemployment is back: labour movement must ac...
- On the horizon!
- Cravings rise for economic recovery
- Do or Die!
- George Galloway settles secretary’s claim on email...
- laughing all the way to the bank
- Reach for the sky!
- Hungry people
- Building Bridges and Mending Fences
- Old Photograph
- Blogging Forum?
- Labour Party Conference
- He came a Courting
- ▼ September 2009 (20)
- ► 2010 (227)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)