WASHINGTON — More than 13% of U.S. homeowners with a mortgage are either behind on their payments or in foreclosure as the recession throws more people out of work, the Mortgage Bankers Association said Thursday.The record numbers in the report are being driven by borrowers with traditional fixed-rate mortgages, rather than the shady subprime loans with adjustable rates that kicked off the mortgage crisis. As of June, more than 4% of borrowers were in foreclosure and about 9% had missed at least one payment.
- ► 2008 (112)
- War cost-plus!
- A Billion Reasons For Socialism
- There are limits to what Trade Union action can ac...
- somewhere over the rainbow!
- Off the Record
- Unemployment up in the Eurozone
- ‘Poverty Over’
- 'Little Boy'
- “organised murder, and nothing less.”
- Milk Bottles
- What is?
- The Coming Week
- “Where Have All the Flowers Gone?”
- full force of this recession = unemployment!
- My Mum The 'Governor'
- An unstable crises in housing!'
- Next week London protest camp!
- No light at the end of the tunnel!
- Over here...Over there
- The tragic future of housing
- Well I think that we can safely assume that what ...
- MORE than 30 people have been nominated to repl...
- "A person who stands under someone else's roof mus...
- Union for the Unemployed
- Sand castles in the sky?
- Workers battles of the last week
- Passing Thoughts
- Bitterness destroys, but laughter lifts you!
- ▼ August 2009 (29)
- ► 2010 (227)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)