Thursday, 6 August 2009
And as you can see from the image above a man and his wife try to explain somehow to their four sons about the Hiroshima bombing on the 6 August 1945, they stand in front of what has become known as the Hiroshima peace memorial commonly called the 'Atomic Bomb Dome'.
The drooping of the worlds first atomic bomb 65 years ago devastated this city and the many aftereffect's are still felt today.
At 8.15am on Monday 6 August 1945 a date that should remain more than just a black mark upon a so called civilized society, a nuclear device, weapon, bomb call it what you will; was dropped. Nicknamed 'Little Boy' it killed an estimated 80,000 Innocent people immediately. Tens of thousands more people died of horrific burns and radiation, bringing the death toll to a staggering 140.000. Approximately 70% of the city's buildings were destroyed, and the city became a sea of rubble.
Three day's latter the worlds first nuclear attack was followed by the dropping of a second atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki leaving 70,000 people dead.
- ► 2008 (112)
- War cost-plus!
- A Billion Reasons For Socialism
- There are limits to what Trade Union action can ac...
- somewhere over the rainbow!
- Off the Record
- Unemployment up in the Eurozone
- ‘Poverty Over’
- 'Little Boy'
- “organised murder, and nothing less.”
- Milk Bottles
- What is?
- The Coming Week
- “Where Have All the Flowers Gone?”
- full force of this recession = unemployment!
- My Mum The 'Governor'
- An unstable crises in housing!'
- Next week London protest camp!
- No light at the end of the tunnel!
- Over here...Over there
- The tragic future of housing
- Well I think that we can safely assume that what ...
- MORE than 30 people have been nominated to repl...
- "A person who stands under someone else's roof mus...
- Union for the Unemployed
- Sand castles in the sky?
- Workers battles of the last week
- Passing Thoughts
- Bitterness destroys, but laughter lifts you!
- ▼ August 2009 (29)
- ► 2010 (227)
- ► 2011 (200)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2015 (21)